Lasenor’s lecithins are used in a large variety of biscuits / cookies due to their special properties as food emulsifiers.
There are many parameters that have an influence in the production of biscuits and cookies. The ingredients and their dosage will, of course, determine the organoleptical characteristics of the finished product.
But also, the mixing time, the extensibility of the dough, the uniformity of the dough regardless of variations in temperature or the flour’s quality, etc will affect the production process and/or the quality of the finished product.
Lasenor’s lecithins are used in a large variety of biscuits / cookies due to their special properties as food emulsifiers. Some of the advantages of using lecithins in the productions of biscuits / cookies are:
- Dough conditioner. Better workability and machinability.
- Emulsifier. Good distribution of the fat within the dough.
- Wetting and dispersing agent. Merging of solid particles (starch, sugar) and water as well as other flour components in the dough.
- Release effect during stamp out stage (thanks to its lubricating properties).
- Improves texture and crispness.
Lasenor offers also a range of lecithins and hydrolyzed lecithins on a carrier. These products are in powder form instead of liquid, which provides additional advantages to those listed above:
- Easy dosage and incorporation into the dough (product in powder form).
- Soya-free: based on sunflower or rapeseed lecithin. Neither allergenics nor GMO issues.
- Gluten-free alternative available.
- Labelling: the products in this group are declared as Lecithin (E-322).
Lasenor’s product families for this application are:
- VEROLEC® range (soya lecithin in liquid form).
- GIRALEC® range (sunflower lecithin in liquid form).
- SEMILEC® range (rapeseed lecithin in liquid form).
- LECISOL® range (sunflower lecithin in powder form).
- LECIRED® range (rapeseed lecithin in powder form).